Quote

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. Mark Twain





Thursday, October 27, 2011

Please Tell Me What Have I Done Wrong.....?

Written By Tia Tan from the feelings of Tessa


It was early in the morning, my owner took the leash out and I wagged my tail happily, excited that we were going for a walk. After walking for a while, my owner tied me to an outdoor water pipe and walked away. I thought my owner was going away to buy something and that it wasn’t convenient to bring me along, so I waited there patiently. Minutes passed… then hours… but my owner never came back for me. The sun was getting hotter and hotter. There wasn’t any water and food for me - I was so tired, thirsty and hungry.

I was hopeful that my owner will come back for me but she never did. Fear and panic started to creep in. What did I do wrong? Why am I left here alone, tied to the water pipe, with no shade, water and food? I could not believe my owner could be so heartless to me. 

A kind uncle walked past and took pity on me. He gave me some water to drink and I lapped it up gratefully. He then left. After a while, he came back, untied me and brought me upstairs. I overheard him saying to this kind lady that he called ‘daughter-in-law’ that he saw me tied there from 8.30am to 1pm under the sweltering sun with no food and water. I don’t know how human time works but it felt like an awfully long time.

They fed me some food - I was so hungry that I finished everything! My rescuer commented that I am very friendly and sweet and have an extremely good temperament. I love wagging my tail and I get along with children and other dogs. I play well with her daughter and nieces. She was impressed that I didn’t even bark back at her dog when her dog barked at me.

I heard them commenting that I am so skinny, my nails are so long and my limbs are covered with sores. You see, my owner didn’t take very good care of me. Despite that, I still love my owner very much.

They brought me to the vet and the vet said that despite being malnourished, I am healthy. My gums are so bad, they can’t really estimate my age. I’m not sure how old I am; my owner never celebrated birthdays with me. The vet said that I might be about 6-8 years old.


I am very lucky that they managed to find me a foster home to stay in. However, my foster will be traveling soon by the end of October and I will once again be homeless.

I am a female Fox Terrier and my foster calls me Tessa. Will you please give me a home? I am very gentle and I don’t bark. I love children and am easily contented.

Please give me a chance. I will love you with all my heart if you just let me into your life. I am HDB approved. If you would like to adopt/foster me, please call Tia at 96414903 or email riko8@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Count

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."- Unknown