Quote

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. Mark Twain





Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Big Ben's Story

Hi! Its me, Big Ben.

I wanted to show you some photos of me when I first arrived at Noah's Ark.

Top left: See how miserable my face was, I was in so much pain and it was so difficult for me to pee - until Uncle Raymund found out that I was peeing blood. And the following day, Uncle Raymund took me to the vet to be examined and discovered that I had stones in my bladder and an operation was scheduled as soon as possible to have it removed.

Top right: That's me at a foster's house. The first day when someone found me at the car park under the hot sun. You can never imagine how someone so cruel and could do that to me right? Its so common among pet owners to give up their pets when it fall sick. Its cheaper to get another NEW dog than to provide medical care for an OLD dog that brought joy and was part of the family.

Bottom right: The picture was taken during my surgery. The vets were stunned to find so many stones in me. In the operating room, I could hear one stone after another stone piling up. Now you understand the discomfort I was going through all these months with my previous owner.

Bottom left: That is Happy Big Ben - see my smiley face?
I recovered well and the caregivers at Noah's Ark have been taking good care of me at the clinic.

I am slowly gaining weight and soon I will look like a model for Hush Puppies :)

Lots of love of licks.
Big Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Count

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."- Unknown